- Present participle of antagonize.
- The definition of antagonizing is the act of causing someone to react with unkindness or opposition.
An example of someone who is antagonizing someone else is a television journalist who insults a guest on his show.
- Antagonizing is defined as acting in a way that is contrary.
An example of groups that are antagonizing toward each other are two football teams that are long time rivals.
- What was the point in antagonizing him?
- Oecolampadius welcomed him to Basel, where in 1524 he put forth thirteen theses sharply antagonizing Roman doctrine.