- Present participle of praise.
- An act of giving praise.
Variant of praise
transitive verbpraised, praising
- Obsolete to set a price on; appraise
- to commend the worth of; express approval or admiration of
- to laud the glory of (God, etc.), as in song; glorify; extol
Origin of praiseMiddle English praisen ; from Old French preisier ; from Late Latin pretiare ; from Classical Latin pretium, worth, price
- a praising or being praised; commendation or glorification
- Archaic a reason or basis for praise
sing someone's praises
to praise someone highly