- the act of a person or thing that beats
- a whipping or thrashing
- a throbbing; pulsation
- a defeat
See beating in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- An act of repeated hitting or striking.
- A sound defeat.
- A sharp reversal; a setback: Stocks took a beating from panicky investors.
- A throbbing or pulsation, as of the heart.
- Physics The periodic variation in amplitude of a wave produced by the superposition of two waves of different frequencies, resulting in segments of louder, and then quieter, sound.
Learn more about beating