Visibility is defined as how well you are able to see or to the ability to be seen.
When a rain storm makes it very hard to see, this is an example of a situation with low visibility.
- the fact or condition of being visible
- the relative possibility of being seen under the conditions of distance, light, and atmosphere prevailing at a particular time: the poor visibility of dark clothing at night
- the maximum distance at which an object can be seen under the prevailing conditions; range of vision
- the ability to provide an unblocked view: the rear window has poor visibility
Origin of visibilityLate Latin visibilitas
- The fact, state, or degree of being visible.
- The greatest distance under given weather conditions to which it is possible to see without instrumental assistance.
- a. The capability of being easily observed: an executive with high visibility.b. The capability of providing a clear, unobstructed view: a windshield with good visibility.
(countable and uncountable, plural visibilities)