susceptibility[sə sep′tə bil′ə tē]
- Susceptibility is being easily affected by something.
An example of susceptibility is having a very weak immune system which causes a person to frequently get colds.
- the quality or state of being susceptible
- sensibilities; feelings
- a susceptible temperament or disposition; capacity for receiving impressions
- Physics the ratio of electric or magnetic polarization in a material to the strength of the field producing that polarization
Origin of susceptibilityMedieval Latin susceptibilitas
- The quality or condition of being susceptible.
- The capacity to be affected by deep emotions or strong feelings; sensitivity.
- susceptibilities Sensibilities; feelings.