- An example of sensitivity is lights hurting someone's eyes.
- An example of sensitivity is a person who gets upset very easily.
- An example of sensitivity is how a friend treats another who's going through a tough time.
Sensitivity is the quality of being tender, easily irritated or sympathetic.
the condition or quality of being sensitive; specif.,
- the responsiveness of an organ or organism to external stimuli
- the capacity of a receiver to respond to incoming signals
- a. The quality or condition of being sensitive: sensitivity to the concerns of others.b. The capacity to respond to changes in the environment.
- The degree of response of a receiver or instrument to an incoming signal or to a change in the incoming signal, as in FM radio.
- The degree of response to light, especially to light of a specified wavelength, as in photographic film.
- The proportion of individuals in a population with a particular disease or condition that are correctly identified when administered a test for that disease or condition.
- The quality of being sensitive.
- The ability of an organism or organ to respond to external stimuli.
- (statistics) The proportion of individuals in a population that will be correctly identified in a binary classification test.
- (electronics) The degree of response of an instrument to a change in an input signal.
- (photography) The degree of response of a film etc. to light of a specified wavelength.