- Reproduce is defined as to make again, recreate or give birth to.
- An example of reproduce is making a copy of a recipe from a cookbook.
- An example of reproduce is figuring out the ingredients of your favorite salsa and making it at home.
- An example of reproduce is having a baby.
- to produce by generation or propagation; bring forth one or more other individuals of (the kind or species) by sexual or asexual processes
- to make (a lost part or organ) grow again
- to bring about or promote the reproduction of (plants or animals)
- to make a copy, close imitation, duplication, etc. of (a picture, sound, writing, etc.)
- to bring (a past scene, etc.) before the mind again; re-create mentally by imagination or memory
- to repeat
- to produce offspring; bring forth others of its kind
- to undergo reproduction, or copying, duplication, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
verb re·pro·duced, re·pro·duc·ing, re·pro·duc·es verb, transitive
- To produce a counterpart, image, or copy of.
- Biology To generate (offspring) by sexual or asexual means.
- To produce again or anew; re-create.
- To bring (a memory, for example) to mind again; recall.
- To generate offspring.
- To undergo copying: graphics that reproduce well.
- reˌpro·ducˈer noun
- reˌpro·ducˌi·bilˈi·ty noun
- reˌpro·ducˈi·ble adjective
reproduce - Medical Definition
- To produce a counterpart, an image, or a copy of something.
- To bring something to mind again.
- To generate offspring by sexual or asexual means.