- Reproduce is defined as to make again, recreate or give birth to.
- An example of reproduce is making a copy of a recipe from a cookbook.
- An example of reproduce is figuring out the ingredients of your favorite salsa and making it at home.
- An example of reproduce is having a baby.
transitive verbreproduced, reproducing
- to produce by generation or propagation; bring forth one or more other individuals of (the kind or species) by sexual or asexual processes
- to make (a lost part or organ) grow again
- to bring about or promote the reproduction of (plants or animals)
- to make a copy, close imitation, duplication, etc. of (a picture, sound, writing, etc.)
- to bring (a past scene, etc.) before the mind again; re-create mentally by imagination or memory
- to repeat
- to produce offspring; bring forth others of its kind
- to undergo reproduction, or copying, duplication, etc.
verbre·pro·duced, re·pro·duc·ing, re·pro·duc·es
- To produce again or anew; re-create: The lab failed to reproduce their original results. The movie reproduces life in the 1950s.
- To produce a copy, imitation, or representation of: reproduce the sounds of a live concert in a recording.
- To generate (offspring) by sexual or asexual means.
- To bring (an event in one's memory, for example) to mind again; recall.
- To generate offspring.
- To undergo copying: graphics that reproduce well.
(third-person singular simple present reproduces, present participle reproducing, simple past and past participle reproduced)