- Microfilm is film on which tiny photographs of printed materials are stored.
An example of microfilm is how large amounts of historical documents are stored in public libraries.
- film on which documents, printed pages, etc. are photographed in a reduced size for convenience in storage and transportation: enlarged prints can be made from such film, or the film can be viewed by projection
- reproduction on microfilm
- A film on which printed materials are photographed at greatly reduced size for ease of storage.
- A reproduction on this kind of film.
transitive verbmi·cro·filmed, mi·cro·film·ing, mi·cro·films
(third-person singular simple present microfilms, present participle microfilming, simple past and past participle microfilmed)
- To reproduce documents on such film
micro- +"Ž film