- Microfilm is film on which tiny photographs of printed materials are stored.
An example of microfilm is how large amounts of historical documents are stored in public libraries.
- film on which documents, printed pages, etc. are photographed in a reduced size for convenience in storage and transportation: enlarged prints can be made from such film, or the film can be viewed by projection
- reproduction on microfilm
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A film on which printed materials are photographed at greatly reduced size for ease of storage.
- A reproduction on this kind of film.
microfilm - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
microfilm - Cultural Definition
A film on which miniature copies of documents are reproduced. Microfilm allows for very compact storage of books and documents.