- Microfilm is film on which tiny photographs of printed materials are stored.
An example of microfilm is how large amounts of historical documents are stored in public libraries.
microfilm definition by Webster's New World
- film on which documents, printed pages, etc. are photographed in a reduced size for convenience in storage and transportation: enlarged prints can be made from such film, or the film can be viewed by projection
- reproduction on microfilm
microfilm definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A film on which printed materials are photographed at greatly reduced size for ease of storage.
- A reproduction on this kind of film.
microfilm - Computer Definition
microfilm - Cultural Definition
A film on which miniature copies of documents are reproduced. Microfilm allows for very compact storage of books and documents.