- a photograph or a film or TV shot taken at very close range or with a telephoto lens
- a close or personal view or interpretation
- A photograph or a movie shot in which the subject is tightly framed and shown at a relatively large scale.
- An intimate view or description.
- (photography) A photographic (other) image in which the subject is shown at a relatively large scale, and occupies most or all of the frame.
- To move people closer together.
- The crowd closed up and I couldn't get through to the train.
- To shut a building or a business for a period of time.
- We finally managed to close up the shop for the night at about 10 o'clock.
- The car factory has closed up for the August holidays.
- To heal a cut or other wound
- With stitches, the cut should close up in a week to ten days.