- anything that is built with walls and a roof, as a house or factory; structure
- the act, process, work, or business of constructing houses, ships, etc.
A modern office building.
The definition of a building is a structure or the process of making a structure.
An example of a building is a school.
- Something that is built, as for human habitation; a structure.
- The act, process, art, or occupation of constructing.
- Present participle of build.
- The three-story building looked big enough to cover a city block.
- I left the building for home.
- It was a pleasant escape from the dust and noise of the building going on above them.
- What she needed to do was get a look inside the building and put her fears to rest.
- She tried to distract the building panic.