Origin of dwellingME: see dwell
A modern American dwelling.
The definition of a dwelling is a place where people live, such as a house or apartment.
An example of a dwelling is your house.
A place to live in; an abode.
- Present participle of dwell.
- I was dwelling in the cave.
- It was a waste of time dwelling on a future she didn't have.
- There was no point dwelling on it.
- Leyon followed, and Mansr took her into a small dwelling on the mountain.
- The warriors guarding the dwelling eyed her.
- Almost every dwelling on the narrow, crowded road was in pieces.