resting definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- being in a state of rest; quiescent
- Biol. remaining dormant for a period of time, as certain spores or eggs
- Cytology not actively dividing: said of a cell, cell nucleus, etc.
resting definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. In a state of inactivity or rest.b. Dead.
- Botany Dormant. Used especially of spores that germinate after a prolonged period.