- something done
- actions, events, etc.
- Dial. social activities or a social event
A girl doing her homework.
The definition of a doing is something being done or the process of getting something done.
An example of doing is completing homework.
- Performance of an act: a job not worth the doing.
- doings a. Activities that go on every day: “A motley crew they are, their doings as dark as they are ludicrous” ( John Simon )b. Social events and activities.
- Present participle of do.
OriginSee also: doïng
- They should be doing an ultrasound in a couple of weeks.
- God, he's probably never heard anyone doing that!
- "What are you doing," he finally asked.
- What are you doing up at this hour?
- Maybe she thinks I'm the only thing keeping you from doing that.