- Bot. a resting cell giving rise to asexual spores
- a saclike larval stage of many trematodes which produces rediae by asexual development from germinal cells
- a protective cyst produced by some protozoans before sporulation, or a protozoan in such encystment
Origin of sporocystsporo- + -cyst
- A resting cell that produces asexual plant spores.
- A protective structure containing the infective sporozoites of an apicomplexan parasite.
- A saclike larval stage in many trematodes, from which the rediae emerge.