- Reliance is defined as trust or something trusted.
An example of a reliance is a close confidante.
reliance definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of relying
- trust, dependence, or confidence
- a thing relied on
reliance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of relying or the state of being reliant.
- The faith, confidence, or trust felt by one who relies; dependence. See Synonyms at trust.
- One relied on; a mainstay.
reliance - Legal Definition
Dependence; trust; confidence in the support of someone or something.detrimental reliance
The relying by one party on the representations of another to the detriment of the first party’s position or welfare. It may be a cause for bringing an action for recovery of damages due to fraud. See estoppel.