The definition of independence is freedom or control from the influence of others.noun
When kids grow up and move out and start making their own decisions, this is an example ofindependence.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the state or quality of being independent; freedom from the influence, control, or determination of another or others
- Now Rare an income sufficient for a livelihood
Origin: ML independentia
Origin: in honor of Andrew Jackson in allusion to his independence of character
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The state or quality of being independent.
- Archaic Sufficient income for comfortable self-support; a competence.
independence - Cultural Definition
City in western Missouri.
- Beginning of the Santa Fe Trail, used by settlers moving west.