- The definition of loyalty is the quality of being faithful to someone or something else.
- An example of loyalty is how a dog feels about its human.
- An example of loyalty is how someone feels about their country.
Origin: Middle English loyaulte from Old French loialte
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. loy·al·ties
- The state or quality of being loyal. See Synonyms at fidelity.
- A feeling or attitude of devoted attachment and affection. Often used in the plural: My loyalties lie with my family.