Mia uses her customer loyalty card at her favorite grocery store to get rewards and discounts.
- An example of loyalty is how a dog feels about its human.
- An example of loyalty is how someone feels about their country.
The definition of loyalty is the quality of being faithful to someone or something else.
- quality, state, or instance of being loyal
- pl. -·ties an obligation of support and faithfulness to a person, government, cause, duty, etc.
Origin of loyaltyMiddle English loyaulte from Old French loialte
- The state or quality of being loyal. See Synonyms at fidelity.
- often loyalties A feeling or attitude of devoted attachment and affection: My loyalties lie with my family.
(countable and uncountable, plural loyalties)
Old French loiautÃ© (Modern loyautÃ©) from loial + -tÃ©