- a country house or estate, esp. when large or luxurious
- Brit. a small suburban house
Origin of villaItalian ; from L, a country seat, farm, uncertain or unknown; perhaps via an unverified form vicsla ; from vicus, village: see eco-
(born Doroteo Arango) 1877?-1923; Mex. revolutionary leader: called Pancho Villa
- The often large, luxurious country house of a well-to-do person.
- A country estate with a substantial house.
- Chiefly British A house in a middle-class suburb.
Origin of villaItalian, from Latin v&imacron;lla; see weik-1 in Indo-European roots.