- Residing is defined as living in a certain place or having qualities which are present in a certain place or person.
- When you are currently living in New York, this is an example of residing in New York.
- When a person is kind, that is an example of kindness residing in that person.
Variant of reside
- to dwell for a long time; have one's residence; live (in or at)
- to be present or inherent; exist (in): said of qualities, etc.
- to be vested (in): said of rights, powers, etc.
Origin: Middle English resyden from Middle French resider from Classical Latin residere from re-, back plush sedere, to sit
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.