- Residual is defined as things that remain or that are left over after the main part of something is gone.
Money left over after you've spent most of your paycheck on rent and necessities is an example of residual income.
- The definition of a residual is something left over after other things have been used, subtracted or removed.
An example of residual is the paint which left over after all the rooms in a house have been painted.
Origin of residualsee residue and amp; -al
- what is left at the end of a process; something remaining
- ☆ the fee paid to a performer for each rerun of filmed or taped material, as on television: often used in pl.
- Geol. monadnock
- Math. the difference between an actual value of some variable and a mean or other estimated value
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a residue.
- Remaining as a residue.
- The quantity left over at the end of a process; a remainder.
- often residuals A payment made to a performer, writer, or director for each repeat showing of a recorded television show or commercial.
- Of, relating to, or remaining as a residue; left over.
residual - Legal Definition