residuary definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of, or having the nature of, a residue or residuum; remaining; leftover
- receiving the residue of an estate after specific bequests: a residuary legatee
- giving the disposition of the residue of an estate after specific bequests: the residuary clause in a will
residuary definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of, relating to, or constituting a residue.
- Law Entitled to the residue of an estate.
residuary - Legal Definition
Relating to a residual.