- The definition of leftover is something that remains after an initial serving or after initial selections have been made.
An example of a leftover is the portion of food that remains after dinner has been served that you put into the fridge to snack on the next day.
Leftovers stacked neatly in the refridgerator.
- something left over
- food left over from one meal and, often, eaten at a later meal
- A remnant or an unused portion.
- leftovers Food remaining from a previous meal.
- Remaining; left behind; extra; in reserve.
- Do you want some of the leftover supplies from the event?
- (chiefly in the plural, usually of food) Remaining after a meal is complete or eaten for a later meal or snack.
- I have some leftover spaghetti in the fridge, so I don't plan to cook tonight.
- Not leftovers again.
- When used after a verb (as part of a predicate phrase), use two separate words:
- I can walk for miles and still have energy left over.