Leftovers stacked neatly in the refridgerator.
An example of a leftover is the portion of food that remains after dinner has been served that you put into the fridge to snack on the next day.
- something left over
- [usually pl.] food left over from one meal and, often, eaten at a later meal
- A remnant or an unused portion.
- leftovers Food remaining from a previous meal.
- Remaining; left behind; extra; in reserve.
- Do you want some of the leftover supplies from the event?
- (chiefly in the plural, usually of food) Remaining after a meal is complete or eaten for a later meal or snack.
- I have some leftover spaghetti in the fridge, so I don't plan to cook tonight.
- Not leftovers again.
- When used after a verb (as part of a predicate phrase), use two separate words:
- I can walk for miles and still have energy left over.