remains definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- what is left after part has been used, destroyed, etc.; remainder; remnant
- vestiges or traces of the past
- a dead body; corpse
- writings left unpublished by an author at the time of deathin full literary remains
remains definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- All that is left after other parts have been taken away, used up, or destroyed.
- A corpse.
- The unpublished writings of a deceased author.
- Ancient ruins or fossils.