- what is left after part has been used, destroyed, etc.; remainder; remnant
- vestiges or traces of the past
- a dead body; corpse
- writings left unpublished by an author at the time of deathin full literary remains
- All that is left after other parts have been taken away, used up, or destroyed.
- A dead body or parts of a dead body.
- The unpublished writings of a deceased author.
- Ancient ruins or fossils.
- What is left after a person (any organism) dies; a corpse.
- They buried the remains of their longtime friend in the town cemetery.
- The victim's remains were one small piece of bone.
- Historical or archaeological relics.
- The extant writings of a deceased person.
- To his great intellectual powers his published remains bear abundant witness.
- All that is left of the stock of some things; remnants.
- He couldn't bring himself to eat the remains of the chicken dinner.
- (rare) plural form of remain.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of remain
- We'll go ahead, while she remains here.
- marines, Marines