- The definition of a graph is a diagram showing the relationships between two or more things.
An example of graph is a pie chart.
- Graph is defined as to create a diagram that shows a relationship between two or more things.
An example of graph is to create a series of bars on graphing paper.
A pie chart is a type of graph.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a diagram, as a curve, broken line, or series of bars, representing various kinds of quantitative information and relationships, such as the successive changes in a variable quantity or quantities
- a curve or surface showing the values of a function
- a diagram consisting of nodes and links and representing logical relationships or sequences of events
Origin: short for graphic formula
Origin: see -graph
- something that writes or records: telegraph
- something written, drawn, or recorded: monograph
Origin: Gr -graphos from graphein: see graphic
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A diagram that exhibits a relationship, often functional, between two sets of numbers as a set of points having coordinates determined by the relationship. Also called plot.
- A pictorial device, such as a pie chart or bar graph, used to illustrate quantitative relationships. Also called chart.
- To represent by a graph.
- To plot (a function) on a graph.
Origin: Short for graphic formula.
- The spelling of a word.
- Any of the possible forms of a grapheme.
- A written character that represents a vowel, consonant, syllable, word, or other expression and that cannot be further analyzed.
Origin: Greek graphē, writing; see graphic.
- Something written or drawn: monograph.
- An instrument for writing, drawing, or recording: seismograph.
Origin: French -graphe, from Late Latin -graphus, from Greek -graphos, from graphein, to write; see gerbh- in Indo-European roots.
graph - Business DefinitionThe American Heritage® Dictionary of Business Terms Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
graph - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
graph - Investment & Finance DefinitionWall Street Words: An A to Z Guide to Investment Terms for Today's Investor by David L. Scott. Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
graph - Medical Definition
graph - Science Definition
- A diagram showing the relationship of quantities, especially such a diagram in which lines, bars, or proportional areas represent how one quantity depends on or changes with another.
- A curve or line showing a mathematical function or equation, typically drawn in a Cartesian coordinate system. The graph of the function y = x2 is a parabola.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.