- The definition of a similarity is a quality or state of having something in common.
When you and your cousin look exactly alike, this is an example of when the similarity between you two is striking.
similarity definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the state or quality of being similar; resemblance or likeness
- pl. similarities a point, feature, or instance in which things are similar
Origin: similar plush -ity
similarity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. sim·i·lar·i·ties
- The quality or condition of being similar; resemblance. See Synonyms at likeness.
- A corresponding aspect or feature; equivalence: a similarity of writing styles.