similarity[sim′ə ler′ə tē]
- The definition of a similarity is a quality or state of having something in common.
When you and your cousin look exactly alike, this is an example of when the similarity between you two is striking.
- the state or quality of being similar; resemblance or likeness
- pl. similarities a point, feature, or instance in which things are similar
Origin of similaritysimilar + -ity
- The quality or condition of being similar; resemblance.
- A corresponding aspect or feature; equivalence: a similarity of writing styles.