- The definition of correspondence is the act of conforming or agreeing with someone or something else.
An example of correspondence is when a person acts in the same way she appears to think.
- Correspondence is defined as communication, generally through letters or emails.
An example of correspondence is the interchange of letters between pen-pals.
- agreement with something else or with one another; conformity
- similarity; analogy
- communication by exchange of letters
- the letters received or written
- Math. a clearly defined relationship between two members of a set, or different sets, as one-to-one correspondence
Origin: Middle English ; from Midieval Latin correspondentia ; from present participle of correspondere: see correspond
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act, fact, or state of agreeing or conforming.
- Similarity or analogy.
- a. Communication by the exchange of letters.b. The letters written or received.
correspondence - Medical Definition