- a duplicating or being duplicated
- a copy; replica
Origin of duplicationMiddle English duplicacioun ; from Classical Latin duplicatio
- a. The act or procedure of duplicating.b. The condition of being duplicated.
- A duplicate; a replica.
- Genetics a. The occurrence of a repeated section of genetic material in a chromosome.b. The formation of such a duplication.
- The act of duplicating, or the state of being duplicated; a doubling; a folding over; a fold.
- The act or process of dividing by natural growth or spontaneous action; as, the duplication of cartilage cells.
From Old French, from Late Latin duplicatio.