- The definition of a replica is a copy of something or a duplicate of something, sometimes done on a smaller scale than the original.
- A painting that is a copy of Monet's Waterlilies is an example of a replica.
- A small-scale model of the Titanic is an example of a replica.
- a reproduction or copy of a work of art, esp. a copy by the maker of the original
- any very close reproduction or copy; facsimile
Origin: It, a repetition, origin, originally , reply from ML, an answer from Classical Latin replicare: see reply
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A copy or reproduction of a work of art, especially one made by the original artist.
- A copy or reproduction, especially one on a scale smaller than the original.
Origin: Italian, from replicare, to repeat, from Late Latin replicāre; see replicate.
replica - Computer Definition
Earlier document exchange software from Farallon Communications, Inc. that converted a Windows or Mac document into a proprietary viewing format. The viewer could be distributed separately or embedded within the document itself, turning it into a single-document viewer. Farallon was acquired by Proxim, Inc. in 2000.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.