- A painting that is a copy of Monet's Waterlilies is an example of a replica.
- A small-scale model of the Titanic is an example of a replica.
- a reproduction or copy of a work of art, esp. a copy by the maker of the original
- any very close reproduction or copy; facsimile
Origin of replicaIt, a repetition, origin, originally , reply from ML, an answer from Classical Latin replicare: see reply
- A copy or reproduction of a work of art, especially one made by the original artist.
- A copy or reproduction, especially one on a scale smaller than the original.
Origin of replicaItalian from replicare to repeat from Late Latin replicāre ; see replicate .
- An exact copy.
- The statue on the museum floor is an authentic replica.
- A copy made at a smaller scale of the original.
- He collected replicas of old cars.
replica - Computer Definition
Earlier document exchange software from Farallon Communications, Inc. that converted a Windows or Mac document into a proprietary viewing format. The viewer could be distributed separately or embedded within the document itself, turning it into a single-document viewer. Farallon was acquired by Proxim, Inc. in 2000.