- The definition of a replica is a copy of something or a duplicate of something, sometimes done on a smaller scale than the original.
- A painting that is a copy of Monet's Waterlilies is an example of a replica.
- A small-scale model of the Titanic is an example of a replica.
replica definition by Webster's New World
- a reproduction or copy of a work of art, esp. a copy by the maker of the original
- any very close reproduction or copy; facsimile
Origin: Italian a repetition, origin, originally , reply ; from Midieval Latin an answer ; from Classical Latin replicare: see reply
replica definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A copy or reproduction of a work of art, especially one made by the original artist.
- A copy or reproduction, especially one on a scale smaller than the original.
Origin: Italian, from replicare, to repeat, from Late Latin replicāre; see replicate.
replica - Computer Definition
Earlier document exchange software from Farallon Communications, Inc. that converted a Windows or Mac document into a proprietary viewing format. The viewer could be distributed separately or embedded within the document itself, turning it into a single-document viewer. Farallon was acquired by Proxim, Inc. in 2000.