Gestation is the time the fetus develops in the womb.
Gestation is defined as the period of development of a fetus in the womb.
An example of gestation is the time period for which a woman is pregnant.
- the act or period of carrying young in the uterus from conception to birth; pregnancy
- a development, as of a plan in the mind
Origin of gestationClassical Latin gestatio ; from past participle of gestare, frequentative of gerere, to bear, carry
- The period of development in the uterus from conception until birth; pregnancy.
- The conception and development of a plan or an idea in the mind.
Origin of gestationLate Latin gestati&omacron;, gestati&omacron;n-, from Latin, a carrying, from gestatus, past participle of gestare, freqentative of gerere, to carry.
- ges′ta·to′ry , ges·ta′tion·al
- The period of time during which an infant animal or human physically develops inside the mother's body until it is born.
- The process of development of a plan or idea.
From Latin gestatio.