- Gestation is defined as the period of development of a fetus in the womb.
An example of gestation is the time period for which a woman is pregnant.
Gestation is the time the fetus develops in the womb.
gestation definition by Webster's New World
- the act or period of carrying young in the uterus from conception to birth; pregnancy
- a development, as of a plan in the mind
Origin: Classical Latin gestatio ; from past participle of gestare, frequentative of gerere, to bear, carry
gestation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The period of development in the uterus from conception until birth; pregnancy.
- The conception and development of a plan or an idea in the mind.
Origin: Late Latin gestātiō, gestātiōn-, from Latin, a carrying, from gestātus, past participle of gestāre, freqentative of gerere, to carry.
- gesˈta·toˌry , ges·taˈtion·al adjective
gestation - Medical Definition
gestation - Science Definition