Gestation is defined as the period of development of a fetus in the womb.noun
An example of gestation is the time period for which a woman is pregnant.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the act or period of carrying young in the uterus from conception to birth; pregnancy
- a development, as of a plan in the mind
Origin: L gestatio < pp. of gestare, freq. of gerere, to bear, carry
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The period of development in the uterus from conception until birth; pregnancy.
- The conception and development of a plan or an idea in the mind.
Origin: Late Latin gestātiō, gestātiōn-, from Latin, a carrying, from gestātus, past participle of gestāre, freqentative of gerere, to carry.
- gesˈta·toˌry , ges·taˈtion·al adjective
gestation - Medical Definition
gestation - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.