- Pregnancy is defined as the state of carrying a baby in your uterus.
An example of pregnancy is carrying a child that you give birth to after nine months.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. preg·nan·cies
- a. The condition of being pregnant: a test for pregnancy.b. An instance of being pregnant: Her second pregnancy was easy.c. The period during which one is pregnant: the first trimester of pregnancy.
- The quality or condition of being rich in significance, import, or implication.
- Creativity; inventiveness.
pregnancy - Ologies & -Isms Definition
pregnancy - Medical Definition
- The condition of a woman or female mammal from conception until birth; the condition of being pregnant.
- The period during which a woman or female mammal is pregnant. Also called cyesis.
pregnancy - Science Definition
- The condition of carrying developing offspring within the body.
- The time period during which this condition exists; gestation.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.