Pregnant woman having an ultrasound scan.
Pregnancy is defined as the state of carrying a baby in your uterus.
An example of pregnancy is carrying a child that you give birth to after nine months.
- a. The condition of being pregnant: a test for pregnancy.b. An instance of being pregnant: Her second pregnancy was easy.c. The period during which one is pregnant: the first trimester of pregnancy.
- The quality or condition of being rich in significance, import, or implication.
- Creativity; inventiveness.
- The condition of carrying developing offspring within the body.
- The time period during which this condition exists; gestation.
cyesiology Obsolete, the part of medical science that studies pregnancy. cyesis Medicine. the condition of pregnancy. eccyesis a pregnancy that takes place outside the uterus. embryography the scientific description of the fetus. —embryographic, adj. fetology the branch of medicine that studies fetuses. —fetologist, foetologist, n. gravidity the state or condition of pregnancy. —gravidness, n. —gravid, adj. obstetrics the medical specialty that deals with pregnancy and childbirth. —obstetrician, n. —obstetric, obstetrical, adj. pregnancy the state, condition, or quality of being with child. —pregnant, adj.
pregnancy - Medical Definition
- The condition of being pregnant: a test for pregnancy.
- An instance of being pregnant.
- The period during which one is pregnant: the first trimester of pregnancy.
- She purchased a pregnancy test kit at the store.
- If you're late enough to be concerned about pregnancy, you need to see the doctor.
- She managed to keep her pregnancy secret until an abortion was out of the question and Donnie was born.
- She shoved the photo back into the envelope and closed the lip, willing herself not to think about the previous pregnancy and its tragic end.
- I knew I'd have to talk to you about it sooner or later, but I didn't want to hold the financial burden of an unplanned pregnancy over your head like a club.