- The definition of a growth is something that has grown on something else or an abnormal mass.
An example of growth is a wart.
- Growth is defined as a gradual development in maturity, age, size, weight or height.
- An example of growth is a wild teenaged girl becoming much calmer in her late twenties.
- An example of growth is a boy getting an inch taller between the ages of 14 and 15.
- the process of growing or developing; specif.,
- gradual development toward maturity
- formation and development
- degree of increase in size, weight, power, etc.
- the full extent of such increase
- something that grows or has grown: a thick growth of grass
- an outgrowth or offshoot
- a tumor or other abnormal mass of tissue developed in or on the body
- a. The process of growing.b. Full development; maturity.
- Development from a lower or simpler to a higher or more complex form; evolution.
- An increase, as in size, number, value, or strength; extension or expansion: population growth.
- Something that grows or has grown: a new growth of grass.
- An abnormal mass of tissue, such as a tumor, growing in or on a living organism.
- A result of growth; a product: concerns that are a growth of the new responsibilities.
- An increase in size, number, value, or strength.
- Growth was dampened by a softening of the global economy in 2001, but picked up in the subsequent years due to strong growth in China.
- (biology) The act of growing, getting bigger or higher.
- (biology) Something that grows or has grown.
- (pathology) An abnormal mass such as a tumor.
- (pathology: abnormal mass such as a tum): tumor