- Growth is defined as a gradual development in maturity, age, size, weight or height.
- An example of growth is a wild teenaged girl becoming much calmer in her late twenties.
- An example of growth is a boy getting an inch taller between the ages of 14 and 15.
- The definition of a growth is something that has grown on something else or an abnormal mass.
An example of growth is a wart.
- the process of growing or developing; specif.,
- gradual development toward maturity
- formation and development
- degree of increase in size, weight, power, etc.
- the full extent of such increase
- something that grows or has grown: a thick growth of grass
- an outgrowth or offshoot
- a tumor or other abnormal mass of tissue developed in or on the body
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The process of growing.b. Full development; maturity.
- Development from a lower or simpler to a higher or more complex form; evolution.
- An increase, as in size, number, value, or strength; extension or expansion: population growth.
- Something that grows or has grown: a new growth of grass.
- Pathology An abnormal mass of tissue, such as a tumor, growing in or on a living organism.
- A result of growth; a product: concerns that are a growth of the new responsibilities.
growth - Ologies & -Isms Definition
growth - Medical Definition
- The process of growing.
- Full development; maturity.
- An increase, as in size, number, value, or strength.
- Something that grows or has grown.
- An abnormal mass of tissue, such as a tumor, growing in or on an organism.
growth - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.