- a person who trains; specif.,
- a person who trains animals, as racehorses, show dogs, circus beasts, etc.
- a person who trains, provides first aid for, etc. athletes in competition
- something, as an apparatus, used in training
- a flight simulator or special aircraft used to train pilots
- Brit. sneaker (sense )
- A person who teaches dolphins to perform tricks at Sea World is an example of a dolphin trainer.
- A person who prepares a boxer to win a fight is an example of a trainer.
The definition of a trainer is a person who conditions animals or people to do something, be capable of something or behave in a certain way.
- One who trains, especially one who coaches athletes, racehorses, or show animals.
- A contrivance or apparatus used in training.
- A member of a naval gun crew who trains cannons horizontally.
- Chiefly British A sneaker or tennis shoe.
train + -er
- His nature, when not enhanced by the electrical and chemical devices of his owner & trainer, is said to be quite placid.
- Whereas some A-list celebs employ a personal chef, a restricted diet, and a personal trainer to keep up their glamorous appearance, others may look to prescription medication, dangerous drugs, and even end up with eating disorders.
- Using the springboard of the show, Harper launched a subscription based website, My Trainer Bob, that allows the viewers at home to benefit from his fitness and diet advice without trying to land a role on The Biggest Loser.
- Since you may not be able to meet with your personal trainer for every workout, a meticulously recorded exercise chart can assist the personal trainer in figuring out what you have been doing and what still needs to be done.
- Ask a trainer about the colors of bands featured at the gym you attend, or if you purchase bands at a sporting goods store you should make sure that you pay attention to which color is appropriate for your fitness level.