- The definition of a trainer is a person who conditions animals or people to do something, be capable of something or behave in a certain way.
- A person who teaches dolphins to perform tricks at Sea World is an example of a dolphin trainer.
- A person who prepares a boxer to win a fight is an example of a trainer.
- a person who trains; specif.,
- a person who trains animals, as racehorses, show dogs, circus beasts, etc.
- a person who trains, provides first aid for, etc. athletes in competition
- something, as an apparatus, used in training
- a flight simulator or special aircraft used to train pilots
- One who trains, especially one who coaches athletes, racehorses, or show animals.
- A contrivance or apparatus used in training.
- A member of a naval gun crew who trains cannons horizontally.
train + -er