- The definition of an educator is a person who teaches, informs or inspires others.
A first-grade teacher who conducts classes at an elementary school is an example of an educator.
An educator of young children.
educator definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a person whose work is to educate others; teacher
- a specialist in the theories and methods of education
Origin: Classical Latin
educator definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One trained in teaching; a teacher.
- a. A specialist in the theory and practice of education.b. An administrator of a school or an educational institution.