- The definition of an instructor is a person who is teaching something, or whose job it is to teach.
A math teacher at your school is an example of an instructor.
A driving instructor with his student.
instructor definition by Webster's New World
- a person who instructs; teacher
- ☆ a college teacher ranking below an assistant professor
Origin: Middle English instructour ; from Anglo-French ; from Classical Latin instructor, a preparer (in Midieval Latin teacher)
- instructorship noun
instructor definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who instructs; a teacher.
- A college or university teacher who ranks below an assistant professor.
- in·strucˈtor·shipˌ noun