A driving instructor with his student.
The definition of an instructor is a person who is teaching something, or whose job it is to teach.
A math teacher at your school is an example of an instructor.
- a person who instructs; teacher
- ☆ a college teacher ranking below an assistant professor
Origin of instructorMiddle English instructour ; from Anglo-French ; from Classical Latin instructor, a preparer (in Medieval Latin teacher)
- One who instructs; a teacher.
- A college or university teacher who ranks below an assistant professor.
- One who instructs; a teacher