- The definition of an instructor is a person who is teaching something, or whose job it is to teach.
A math teacher at your school is an example of an instructor.
A driving instructor with his student.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a person who instructs; teacher
- ☆ a college teacher ranking below an assistant professor
Origin: Middle English instructour from Anglo-French from Classical Latin instructor, a preparer (in ML, teacher)
- instructorship noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who instructs; a teacher.
- A college or university teacher who ranks below an assistant professor.
- in·strucˈtor·shipˌ noun