The definition of a manager is a person responsible for supervising and motivating employees and for directing the progress of an organization.noun
An example of a manager is the person who is in charge of customer service, who deals with customer disputes and who oversees and supervises customer service agents.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- one who manages a business, institution, etc.
- one who manages affairs or expenditures, as of a household, a client (as an entertainer or athlete), an athletic team, etc.
- ☆ Baseball the person in overall charge of a team and the strategy in games
- in a school or college, a student in charge of the equipment and records of a team under the supervision of a coach
- managership noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who handles, controls, or directs, especially:a. One who directs a business or other enterprise.b. One who controls resources and expenditures, as of a household.
- One who is in charge of the business affairs of an entertainer.
- Sports a. One who is in charge of the training and performance of an athlete or a team.b. A student who is in charge of the equipment and records of a school or college team.
- manˈag·er·shipˌ noun