- The definition of a manager is a person responsible for supervising and motivating employees and for directing the progress of an organization.
An example of a manager is the person who is in charge of customer service, who deals with customer disputes and who oversees and supervises customer service agents.
A manager oversees her employees.
- one who manages a business, institution, etc.
- one who manages affairs or expenditures, as of a household, a client (as an entertainer or athlete), an athletic team, etc.
- ☆ Baseball the person in overall charge of a team and the strategy in games
- in a school or college, a student in charge of the equipment and records of a team under the supervision of a coach
- One who handles, controls, or directs, especially:a. One who directs a business or other enterprise.b. One who controls resources and expenditures, as of a household.
- One who is in charge of the business affairs of an entertainer.
- Sports a. One who is in charge of the training and performance of an athlete or team.b. A student who is in charge of the equipment and records of a school or college team.
- (management) A person whose job is to manage something, such as a business, a restaurant, or a sports team.
- (baseball) The head coach.
- (music) An administrator, for a singer or group.
- (computer software) A window or application whose purpose is to give the user the control over some aspect of the software.
- a file manager; Program Manager