- a person who trains; specif.,
- a person who trains animals, as racehorses, show dogs, circus beasts, etc.
- a person who trains, provides first aid for, etc. athletes in competition
- something, as an apparatus, used in training
- a flight simulator or special aircraft used to train pilots
- Brit. sneaker (sense )
- A person who teaches dolphins to perform tricks at Sea World is an example of a dolphin trainer.
- A person who prepares a boxer to win a fight is an example of a trainer.
The definition of a trainer is a person who conditions animals or people to do something, be capable of something or behave in a certain way.
- One who trains, especially one who coaches athletes, racehorses, or show animals.
- A contrivance or apparatus used in training.
- A member of a naval gun crew who trains cannons horizontally.
- Chiefly British A sneaker or tennis shoe.
train + -er
- His nature, when not enhanced by the electrical and chemical devices of his owner & trainer, is said to be quite placid.
- Ask a trainer about the colors of bands featured at the gym you attend, or if you purchase bands at a sporting goods store you should make sure that you pay attention to which color is appropriate for your fitness level.
- The possible origins of progressive weight lifting: When you first began your strength training program, your trainer probably told you that in order for your routine to be effective, your program must be progressive.
- Visit your local ski shop or ski trainer and request an adjustment to your release settings whenever you feel that the bindings do not have the proper adjustments or when you have changed your ski style considerably.
- The founder of the company, Joe Dudek, is also a senior trainer for the American Home Inspector Training Institute and teaches home inspection courses at universities and technical colleges throughout the United States.