- Pedagogy is the art or science of teaching and educational methods.
An example of pedagogy is the practice of Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
pedagogy definition by Webster's New World
- the profession or function of a teacher; teaching
- the art or science of teaching; esp., instruction in teaching methods
Origin: French pédagogie ; from Late Latin paedagogia ; from Classical Greek paidagōgia: see pedagogue
pedagogy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The art or profession of teaching.
- Preparatory training or instruction.
Origin: French pédagogie, from Old French, from Greek paidagōgiā, from paidagōgos, slave who took children to and from school; see pedagogue.