pedagogy[ped′ə gäj′ē, -gō′jē]
- Pedagogy is the art or science of teaching and educational methods.
An example of pedagogy is the practice of Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
- the profession or function of a teacher; teaching
- the art or science of teaching; esp., instruction in teaching methods
Origin of pedagogyFrench pédagogie ; from Late Latin paedagogia ; from Classical Greek paidagōgia: see pedagogue
- The art or profession of teaching.
- Preparatory training or instruction.
Origin of pedagogyFrench pédagogie, from Old French, from Greek paidagōgiā, from paidagōgos, slave who took children to and from school; see pedagogue.
From Ancient Greek παιδαγωγία (paidagōgia).