- Pedagogy is the art or science of teaching and educational methods.
An example of pedagogy is the practice of Howard Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
- the profession or function of a teacher; teaching
- the art or science of teaching; esp., instruction in teaching methods
Origin: Fr pédagogie from Late Latin paedagogia from Glassical Greek paidagōgia: see pedagogue
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The art or profession of teaching.
- Preparatory training or instruction.
Origin: French pédagogie, from Old French, from Greek paidagōgiā, from paidagōgos, slave who took children to and from school; see pedagogue.