- The definition of guidance is direction, advice or something that instructs.
An example of guidance is advice given to a medical intern by the hospital's Chief of Staff.
- the act of guiding; direction; leadership
- something that guides
- advice or assistance, as that given to students by vocational or educational counselors
- the process of directing the course of a spacecraft, missile, etc.
- The act or process of guiding.
- Counseling, such as that provided for students seeking advice about vocational and educational matters.
- Any of various processes for guiding the path of a vehicle or missile, by means of built-in equipment.
See guide + -ance
guidance - Investment & Finance Definition
Information provided by company officials about the company’s outlook for future sales, earnings, and product expectations. Guidance can be positive or negative, and is watched very closely by analysts and investors because it is often a strong indicator of that company’s future performance.