- An example of tutelage is when a guardian protects a child.
- An example of tutelage is when a mentor teaches his young apprentice.
Tutelage is the education or protection of someone.
- the function of a guardian; guardianship; care, protection, etc.
- teaching; instruction
- the condition of being under a guardian or tutor
Origin of tutelagefrom Classical Latin tutela, protection from tutus (see tutor) + -age
- The capacity or activity of a guardian; guardianship.
- The capacity or activity of a tutor; instruction or teaching.
- The state of being under the direction of a guardian or tutor.
Origin of tutelageLatin tūtēla ( from tūtus ) ( variant past participle of tuērī to guard ) -age