The definition of thrifty is someone who is frugal and who is careful about where their money goes.
An example of someone who would be described as thrifty is someone who makes wise and careful buying decisions.
- practicing or showing thrift; economical; provident
- thriving; flourishing; prospering
- growing vigorously, as a plant
- Practicing or marked by the practice of thrift; wisely economical. See Synonyms at sparing.
- Archaic a. Thriving; prosperous.b. Growing vigorously; thriving, as a plant.
(comparative thriftier, superlative thriftiest)
- Given to, or evincing, thrift; characterized by economy and good management of property; sparing; frugal.
- Thriving by industry and frugality; prosperous in the acquisition of worldly goods; increasing in wealth; as, a thrifty farmer or mechanic.
- Growing rapidly or vigorously; thriving; as, a thrifty plant or colt.
- Secured by thrift; well husbanded.
- Well appearing; looking or being in good condition; becoming.