- The definition of aquatic is something that is on, in or somehow related to water.
- An example of an aquatic animal is a fish.
- An example of an aquatic sport is water skiing.
aquatic definition by Webster's New World
- growing or living in or upon water: aquatic plants
- done in or upon the water: aquatic sports
Origin: Classical Latin aquaticus ; from aqua, water
- an aquatic plant or animal
- aquatic sports or performances
- aquatically adverb
aquatic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Consisting of, relating to, or being in water: an aquatic environment.
- Living or growing in, on, or near the water: aquatic animals and plants.
- Taking place in or on the water: an aquatic sport.
- An organism that lives in, on, or near the water.
- aquatics Sports Athletic activities performed in or on the water.
Origin: Middle English aquatique, from Old French, from Latin aquāticus, from aqua, water; see akw-ā- in Indo-European roots.
- a·quatˈi·cal·ly adverb
aquatic - Science Definition