Postage stamp showing the zodiac signs of Aquarius.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a large S constellation, near the celestial equator between Cetus and Capricornus; Water Bearer
- the eleventh sign of the zodiac, entered by the sun about January 21also called the Water Bearer
- a person born under this sign
Origin: Classical Latin the water carrier: see aquarium
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun In all senses also called Water Bearer.
- A constellation in the equatorial region of the Southern Hemisphere near Pisces and Aquila.
- a. The 11th sign of the zodiac in astrology.b. One who is born under this sign.
Origin: Middle English, from Latin, water carrier, the constellation Aquarius, from aqua, water; see aqua.
aquarius - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.