Aquarius[ə kwer′ē əs]
- a large S constellation, near the celestial equator between Cetus and Capricornus; Water Bearer
- the eleventh sign of the zodiac, entered by the sun about January 21also called the Water Bearer
- a person born under this sign
Origin of AquariusClassical Latin the water carrier: see aquarium
- A constellation in the equatorial region of the Southern Hemisphere near Pisces and Aquila.
- a. The 11th sign of the zodiac in astrology.b. One who is born under this sign. In all senses also called Water Bearer.
Origin of AquariusMiddle English, from Latin, water carrier, the constellation Aquarius, from aqua, water; see aqua.
terms etymologically related to Aquarius
- Someone with an Aquarius star sign