- a large S constellation, near the celestial equator between Cetus and Capricornus; the Water Bearer
- the eleventh sign of the zodiac, entered by the sun about January 21also called the Water Bearer
- a person born under this sign
Origin of AquariusL, water carrier: see aquarium
- A constellation in the equatorial region of the Southern Hemisphere near Pisces and Aquila.
- a. The 11th sign of the zodiac in astrology.b. One who is born under this sign. Also called In all senses also called Water Bearer .
Origin of AquariusMiddle English from Latin water carrier, the constellation Aquarius from aqua water ; see aqua .
terms etymologically related to Aquarius
- Someone with an Aquarius star sign