- The definition of cosmic is something related to the universe, space or time.
When the universe plans your destiny, this is an example of your cosmic destiny.
- of the cosmos; relating to the universe as a whole
- of the universe exclusive of the earth: cosmic dust
- vast; grandiose
Origin: Classical Greek kosmikos ; from kosmos, universe, order
- cosmically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to the regions of the universe distinct from the Earth.
- Infinitely or inconceivably extended; vast: “a coming together of heads of government to take up the cosmic business of nations” (Meg Greenfield).
Origin: Greek kosmikos, from kosmos, universe.
- cosˈmi·cal·ly adverb
cosmic - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.