- The definition of vast is a large or immense quantity.
An example of a vast quantity is 300 balloons.
- Vast is a large or immense space.
An example of vast is the Universe.
The universe is vast.
vast definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Classical Latin vastus: see waste
vast definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective vast·er, vast·est
- Very great in size, number, amount, or quantity.
- Very great in area or extent; immense.
- Very great in degree or intensity. See Synonyms at enormous.
Origin: Latin vāstus.
- vastˈly adverb
- vastˈness noun