- The definition of sensory is something that has to do with the senses: sight, smell, taste, touch, or hearing.
An example of sensory used as an adjective is a sensory event, such as the smelling of flowers.
- of the senses or sensation
- connected with the reception and transmission of sense impressions
Origin of sensorysens(e) + -ory
- Of or relating to the senses or sensation.
- Transmitting impulses from sense organs to nerve centers; afferent.
- (biology, dated) sensorium
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Websterâ€™s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
From Latin sentire (â€œto feelâ€).