- The definition of sensory is something that has to do with the senses: sight, smell, taste, touch, or hearing.
An example of sensory used as an adjective is a sensory event, such as the smelling of flowers.
- of the senses or sensation
- connected with the reception and transmission of sense impressions
Origin of sensorysens(e) + -ory
- Of or relating to the senses or sensation.
- Transmitting impulses from sense organs to nerve centers; afferent.
- Of the senses or sensation.
- (biology, dated) sensorium
From Latin sentire (“to feel”).