The definition of sensuous is relating to or affecting the senses.adjective
An example of something sensuous is the smell of apple pie.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- of, derived from, based on, affecting, appealing to, or perceived by the senses
- readily susceptible through the senses; enjoying the pleasures of sensation
Origin: < L sensus, sense + -ous
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, or derived from the senses.
- Appealing to or gratifying the senses.
- a. Readily affected through the senses.b. Highly appreciative of the pleasures of sensation.
- senˌsu·osˈi·ty , senˈsu·ous·ness noun
- senˈsu·ous·ly adverb