The definition of sensuous is relating to or affecting the senses.
An example of something sensuous is the smell of apple pie.
- of, derived from, based on, affecting, appealing to, or perceived by the senses
- readily susceptible through the senses; enjoying the pleasures of sensation
Origin of sensuousfrom Classical Latin sensus, sense + -ous
- a. Relating to or involving gratification of the senses: sensuous enjoyment; sensuous music.b. Sexually attractive.
- Relating to or affecting the senses; sensory: direct, sensuous experience of the world.
- sen′su·os′i·ty sen′su·ous·ness
(comparative more sensuous, superlative most sensuous)
From Latin sensus (“sense") + English -ous.