An extensive beach.
The definition of extensive is something that covers a large area or has wide influence or effect.
An example of extensive is a report on owls with information about every type of owl.
- having great extent; covering a large area; vast
- having a wide scope, effect, influence, etc.; far-reaching; comprehensive
- of or characterized by extension
- designating or of farming in which large areas of land are used with minimum expense, resulting in a low yield per acre
Origin of extensiveMiddle English ; from Classical Latin extensivus ; from extensus: see extensible
- Large in extent, range, or amount.
- Of or relating to the cultivation of vast areas of land with a minimum of labor or expense.
(comparative more extensive, superlative most extensive)