- of or having to do with a planet or the planets
- terrestrial; global
- wandering; erratic
- moving in an orbit, like a planet
- designating or of an epicyclic train of gears, as in an automobile transmission
- Rare, Astrol. under the influence of a planet
Origin of planetaryFrench planetaire
- Of, relating to, or resembling the physical or orbital characteristics of a planet or the planets.
- a. Of or relating to the earth; terrestrial or earthly: measured the planetary tilt in degrees.b. Of or affecting the entire world; global: a planetary consensus.
- Wandering; erratic: a planetary life.
- Being or relating to a gear train consisting of a central gear with an internal ring gear and one or more pinions.