- An example of global is the condition of air on earth.
- An example of global is a project in which every school in a state is participating.
The definition of global is relating to the whole world, entirely or comprehensive.
- round like a ball; globe-shaped
- of, relating to, or including the whole earth; worldwide
- complete or comprehensive
- being or having to do with a business, operation, system, etc. carried on or extending throughout all or much of the world: a global company, global communications
- Comput. pertaining to or including an entire file, database, etc.
- Having the shape of a globe; spherical.
- Of, relating to, or involving the entire earth; worldwide: global war; global monetary policies.
- Comprehensive; total: “a … global, generalized sense of loss” ( Maggie Scarf )
- Computers Of or relating to an entire program, document, or file.
(comparative more global, superlative most global)
- Spherical, ball-shaped.
- In the center was a small, global mass.
- (not comparable) Of or relating to a globe or sphere.
- Concerning all parts of the world.
- Pollution is a global problem.
- (not comparable, computing) Of a variable, accessible by all parts of a program.
- Global variables keep support engineers employed.
global - Computer Definition
Pertaining to an entire file, database, volume, program or system.